Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find USRP #0 in kernel 2.6.24-rc4-gd7f0

From: Feng Andrew Ge
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to find USRP #0 in kernel 2.6.24-rc4-gd7f0b481 on Fedora 7
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:06:11 -0500

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 04:58:36PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
I installed kernel of 2.6.24-rc4-gd7f0b481 for Fedora 7 in PS3 following
http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/PS3FC7Install.
The linux system runs well.  Then I installed GNU radio as told in above URL.
Everything went well too. However, I could not get USRP work. I am not sure
whether it is because of the new kernel or something else. Therefore, I listed
the test script and output below for running usrp_benchmark_usb.py and also the
output from dmesg to test USB connection.

Your help will be very appreciated!

Andrew Ge

Did you setup udev as the wiki page instructed?
Are you in group usrp?

Eric

Eric,

I strictly followed the setup udev as the wiki page: http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UdevConfig. However, because the new kernel 2.6.24-rc4-gd7f0b481uses different sysfs from previous kernel, (I browsed through google to get this information), I can't examine /dev/bus/usb after plugging in a USRP simply by the command

$ ls -lR /dev/bus/usb

That's why I listed dmesg result to give more information about USRP connection.

On the other hand, I assume the above instruction is used for allowing non-root users to access the USRP. I tried root to run

./usrp_benchmark_usb.py

I also tried non-root user within the group usrp. Both results are same as I showed in the previous email.

Thanks,
Andrew