Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question on using gr.file_source

From: Jason Anders
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question on using gr.file_source
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:03:34 +0800

Thanks!

On Jan 14, 2008 11:49 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 05:51:19PM +0800, Jason Anders wrote:
> Yeah, unfortunately it didn't answer my question. =(
>
> What I would've wanted is to superimpose data from two inputs so that they
> can be combined into a single stream.
>
> For example; let's say that there are two sources src0 and src1, and let's
> say that I extracted inputs from two files "input1.dat" and " input2.dat" to
> src0 and src1 respectively. I wanted to implement something that takes one
> sample from src0 then the next sample from source 1 just like this:
>
> variable[0] = src0[0]
> variable[1] = src1[0]
>
> variable[2] = src0[1]
> variable[3] = src1[1]
>
> and so on and so forth. In the end "variable" would have values from both
> src0 and src1 and whose length is the sum of the lengths of src0 and src1.
>
> I would like to know if this is possible. Thanks!

Yes, we've got a block that'll do that for you, gr.interleave.
(We've also got the inverse, gr.deinterleave)

 src0 = ...
 src1 = ...
 interleave = gr.interleave(gr.sizeof_<items_in_src0_and_src1>)  # E.g., gr.sizeof_float

 downstream = ... # your downstream block...

 fg.connect(src0, (interleave, 0))
 fg.connect (src1, (interleave, 1))
 fg.connect(interleave, downstream)

Eric