Re:[Discuss-gnuradio]Can not creating a flow graph

From: Fasika Alemayehu
Subject: Re:[Discuss-gnuradio]Can not creating a flow graph
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:16:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jacky ,

As far as I understand your question, you are expecting a GUI from the example, dial_tone.py. But gr.flow_graph is a used for connecting the different signal processing blocks, and ensures a proper data flow from the source to sink in the dial_tone.py case. Thus, the target of the program is linking the signal source with the audio sink. So, since you hear a sound ( a dial tone), the program executed successfully. If you are looking for a GUI, you can install GNU radio companion(GRC). Then, you can play with the different signal processing blocks. I think I have answered your question.

Fasika