[Discuss-gnuradio] I am loosing samples

From: Per Zetterberg
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] I am loosing samples
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:05:14 +0100

Dear All,

I am running basically the code sent by Chris Stankevitz,
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2007-08/msg00260.html .
This code has two threads: one that reads data from the USRP and another
thread that writes to file. I have modified it so that I write to memory
during a predefined time and then save to file. I am also using two channels
instead of one.

I am using only basic RX boards and have connected a signal generator to one
of the four A/D inputs which sends a sinusoid of 399kHz.  When I segment the
data in 1000samples long segments and do SINAD analysis per segment the
value is good in most segments except at regular intervals. It seems that I
sometime looses a complete buffer.

I doesn't seem to help to increase the decimation factor.

I am using windows XP with cygwin - is this the problem ?

Any help would be appreciated!

BR/
Per