[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem setting transmit gain values....

From: Kshitij Kumar Singh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem setting transmit gain values....
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:12:57 -0500

Hi,

  I tried out a simple script to get the gain range of the USRP (I had read in
earlier mail archive
that we were provided a single gain knob to tune over the entire range of 0 to
90 dB):

-----------------------------
from gnuradio import gr, usrp
u = usrp.sink_c(0)
subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(u, (0,0)) #I use an RFX 2400
subdev.gain_range()
I get the following (0.0, 0.0, 1.0). This doesn't make sense. I even actually
tried setting the gain
to subdev.gain_range()[1]/subdev.gain_range()[0], but was still transmitting at
a constant power
level of around 11-12 dBm. Could someone please help me out with this. Thanks
in advance.

Regards,
Kshitij