Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filter FIR on FPGA

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filter FIR on FPGA
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 00:16:11 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm designing a pass band filter FIR on FPGA. This filter has 64MHz of sample
> rate and as window type "HAMMING". I'm using "MegaCore® IP Library"  for
> design
> of the filter.
> Is correct to use this software for design of the filter? Could you suggest me
> other software for design of filter?
Design it by hand.
I allways do it like that, you have better control of what resources are used
for the filter.
(Especially when using an FPGA without multipliers like the Cyclone)
And you can use the filter on any FPGA and share the code with people who do
not have access to MegaCore® IP Library.

If you only need the filter-taps, you can use the firdes or optfir (part of
gnuradio, see gnuradio-examples on how to use)

Greetings,
Martin