Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting a file (txt,

From: Juha Vierinen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitting a file (txt,
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:35:24 +0000

Hi,

Here is the quick hack that I wrote a while ago. It probably only
works with linux, and be sure that you have all the necessary programs
installed (check out README). Just stick some random wire antenna in
the sma port and you should hear music.

http://mep.fi/viewcvs/fmradio/?root=cvs

The original idea was to create a super WFM radio that would
simultaneously broadcast _many_ stations (you can probably fit about
35-70 music streams in a 8 MHz bandwidth), so that you could chose
what mp3 playlist you want to listen to by tuning your fm radio. But I
have lost interest in doing this, as I rarely listen to even one
stream of music :) I suspect that a very fast disk, plenty of
processors and a buffered and queued filesource block would be needed
to make the super mp3 broadcast system possible. I am planning to
write the filesource block soon, but I will use it for another
project.

juha