Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Information on ticket:181 and invitation to help

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Information on ticket:181 and invitation to help (long)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:33:29 -0800

On 2/13/08, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

> The gr blocks still seem to cause core aborts.

In general, these are cases where we have not told SWIG (via the
associated .i file) that a particular method may raise an exception.
Yes, this is a bug.  There are probably a few of them.  And QA code
should be testing these.

This is a good task for someone to contribute to GNU Radio, as the
patches would be only a couple lines in a .i file and a test in a QA
file.  But there is time involved in searching for the places where we
have left these out.

If someone wants to work in this area, I'd be happy to walk them
through a couple instances.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC