Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DAB receiver

From: Andreas Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DAB receiver
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:50:06 +0100

Hello Jens

> The work I did on DAB was basically OFDM synchronization in one GNU
> Radio block. The code was more or less a hack, but it deepened my
> understanding of digital signal processing. Not as easy as in text
> books. :) I'll email the report to you separately.

Thanks ..

> I wouldn't underestimate the complexities of the higher DAB layers,
> it has quite a protocol stack. But you should give it a try. If you

I actually did get a bit scared when I first looked at the 200 page
standard, but I hope that if I go for the "simplest possible" approach
for a start, a lot can be omitted (like service information). As DAB+
isn't available here, I also intend to just go for DAB.

> need captured Mode I/II samples I can make them available for download.

Thanks, but I can get quite a nice Mode I signal with the TVRX, so no
need...

Regards, Andreas