[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: new to GNU radio

From: jiqun qi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: new to GNU radio
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:45:53 -0600

Hey,

In fact, the mapped complex symbol will go into two parts, that is,
the real part and the image part will modulate the cos(w_c * t) and
sin(w_c * t), separately.
E.g., complex symbol is denoted, y = a+jb = r*cos(theta) + j*r*sin(theta);

so, a*cos(w_c * t) - b*sin(w_c *t)
= r*cos(theta)*cos(w_c * t) - j*r*sin(theta)*sin(w_c * t)
= r*cos(w_c * t + theta)

This is the final transmitted real signals, where w_c is the carrier
frequency, shown in Gnu radio as well.