[Discuss-gnuradio] CentOS5 USRP compatibility and GNU Radio environment

From: Ahmet Hasim Gokceoglu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CentOS5 USRP compatibility and GNU Radio environment variables
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 22:45:19 +0200

Hi,

I am still having problems with the USRP connection. I get the
usb_control_msg: connection timeout error each time when I try to run
the usrp_benchmark_usb.py. My USB is highspeed but I guess the Linux
distribution CentOS5 is a little problematic. I made the dialtone
example work so at least I can say that GNU Radio software is working
with CentOS5( although I am not sure whether it will support further
complicated programs) but somehow I cannot maintain the USRP
connection. Does anybody know about the CentOS5 compatibility with
USRP?

Another thing is that I am a little bit confused with the exact
environment variables for GNU Radio. I have these settings for the
environment variables;

export
PYTHONPATH="$PREFIX/lib/python2.4/site-packages:$PREFIX/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PREFIX/lib"
export PATH="${PATH:+${PATH}:}:$PREFIX/bin"
export WXWIN=$SRCDIR/wxPython-src-$WXPYTHVER

Does anybody see any kind of problem with these?

but by chance in some discussion forums I have also seen USRP_PATH.
Should there be such variable by default or is that something that
should be created?