Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio source/sink sample rate

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] audio source/sink sample rate
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:00:36 -0700

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:00:32AM +0530, vsrk sarma wrote:
> Is it possible to change default sample rate for audio files?
> Most examples in gnuradio examples seemto set sample rate at 32000.
> Also default audio source/sink is from gr-audio-alsa despite configure,make
> & install with --enable-audio-oss.
> alsa in my system is accepting only 48000.
>  Is it possible to change setting somewhere to make them compatible?
> I have gnuradio-3.1.1(tarball version) on Ubuntu 7.10 on a  64 bit
> laptop(HP/Compaq nx6115)
>
> --
> vsrk sarma

You can set the default audio driver by creating a ~/.gnuradio/config.conf
with this content:

[audio]
verbose = True
#audio_module = audio_oss
audio_module = audio_alsa

Try specifying -I plughw:0,0  or -O plughw:0,0 on the command line if
you're using ALSA.  plughw implements a resampler.  FWIW, we find that ALSA
generally works better than OSS.

Eric