Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rules for clock recovery parameters

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rules for clock recovery parameters
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:36:20 +0000

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:19:38AM -0400, George Nychis wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the rules for selecting clock recovery parameters for the gr_clock_recovery_mm_* block. In specific, I'm wondering about the following parameters:
  mu, gain mu, omega, omega gain, and omega limit

I would like to verify the clock recovery parameters chosen by UCLA's 802.15.4 implementation:
https://moo.cmcl.cs.cmu.edu/trac/cmu_sdrg/browser/802.15.4/trunk/src/python/ieee802_15_4.py#L100

The reason is that we experience no loss when using file source/sinks but experience loss using coax, which might be due to timing errors introduced by the hardware.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

mu specifies the point between two samples that you want the
interpolated value of.  It's in [0.0, 1.0].  It's the input to the
gri_mmse_fir_interpolator.  The rest of the parameters are for the
control loop.

And omega is the nominal samples per symbol.

Look at benchmark_rx.py in the digital examples file for a clue to the other parameters. The digital examples now use the mpsk_receiver, but the "mm_" parameters act on the M&M portion of the recovery loop inside.

Tom