[Discuss-gnuradio] Hello everyone. I am a new here. I have some question

From: Alex Miua
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hello everyone. I am a new here. I have some questions.
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:57:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone!

I was posting to GNURadio about an year ago but I got busy and then I stopped. I have again started reading about GNURadio and hope to devote my free time this entire year on GNURadio.

So I have started reading Discrete Time Signal Processing by Oppenheim / Schafer / Buck.

Chapter 4/ Page 168 says : -

x_s(t)=x_c(t)s(t)
         =x_c(t) Sigma ( from n = -inf to inf ) [ delta (t-nT) ]

Through the sifting property of the impulse function , x_s(t) can be expressed as :

x_s(t) = Sigma (from - inf to inf ) [ x_c(nT) delta ( t-nT) ]

Now this version of the sifting property is for the DISCRETE impulse function NOT the continuous Dirac delta function, but just before the discussion starts it says that delta(t) is the unit impulse function or the Dirac delta function. Is this a typo ? Shouled this have been the discrete delta function? If it is'nt, how do the above steps hold?

Thank you,
Alex.