Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Best GR-friendly Linux distro ... Ubuntu won !

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Best GR-friendly Linux distro ... Ubuntu won !
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:03:59 +0100

2008/3/27, Trond Danielsen <address@hidden>:
> 2008/3/26, mohamed adm <address@hidden>:
>
> > Ubuntu 7.10 Gusty seems to be more GR-friendly than
>  >  others, I tried it well and everything works fine, but
>  >  can't find USB info from "lsusb" or "/proc/bus/usb"!
>  >  any ideas?
>

> I would just like to point out that GNU Radio and related tools will
>  be available for Fedora 9 when it is released at the end of april.
>  Hopefully these packages will be backported to F8, which makes Fedora
>  a GR-friendly distribution.

Yay! Small correction:

GNU Radio is also available for F-8, but is currently only available
in the testing repository. Depending in the amount of feedback it
receives it will be moved to the stable repository within the next
week (faster if positive feedback is received).

You can easily submit feedback here:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2008-2771

--
Trond Danielsen