Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio mention in DEFCON subway presentation

From: Eric Cottrell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio mention in DEFCON subway presentation
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:05:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Wow, a very interesting set of slides.  BTW this is the talk that the MBTA got
a temporary injunction over so it may not get presented at Defcon.
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/149646/eff_to_appeal_court_order_halting_subway_hacker_talk.html

I am not surprised about anything dealing with the MBTA.  They spent millions
on a new multiple site trunked radio system back in 2003 and it is just getting
into service this year.  They are putting in a new data network in the subway
tunnels to support the new radio system.  The system is a Ma/Com EDACS ProVoice
system that uses Internet Protocols to link sites together.

Besides the card hacking aspects, this shows how physical security is also
important.

73 Eric