[Discuss-gnuradio] ImportError: cannot import name stdgui

From: Bob Keyes
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ImportError: cannot import name stdgui
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:49:30 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
I finally got the power supply for my USRP today, so I am trying to get up to
speed on GNUradio using it. I am running Ubuntu 8.10 on an amd64 platform. The
USRP has two set of LFRX 1.0 and LFRX. No antennas connected yet.

I followed the instructions for 8.10 intrepid for building. Did the tests, and
they seemed to pass though there was a warning about something or other being
missing early on. I had restarted my system as the documentation suggested. I
did the ld.so.conf fix as suggested, and ldconfig.

Next thing I tried was the simple AM receiver, and it is here that I am running
into trouble. Following KD7LMO's instructions, I ran:

am_rcv.py usrp 0

and received the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./am_rcv.py", line 11, in <module>
    from gnuradio.wxgui import stdgui, fftsink
ImportError: cannot import name stdgui
address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/limbo$

>From what I can tell, the modules exist...well sorta. I see gr_wxgui, I have
>the various wxpython packages installed.

Has this code suffered bit rot or is there some environment variable I need to
set? I've tried this both as root and as non-root with the same result (I
following the installation instructions so I could run as non-root).

Any help would be most appreciated.