Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu make error -> Unable to open file gnuradi

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu make error -> Unable to open file gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.py
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 11:39:21 -0600

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Fabian Uehlin <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm testing GNURadio under Ubuntu (8.10), because of problems with Gentoo
> ("Tuning problem - usrp_fft.py -> segmentation fault").
> The installation of GNURadio works with the package "gnuradio
> (3.0.4-2ubuntu2)".

The version of GNU Radio in the official Ubuntu repositories is quite
old.  We have a packaged version of 3.1.3 on gnuradio.org; follow the
instructions on the UbuntuInstall wiki page to update your software
sources and install.  However, it may also be the case that OpenBTS
only supports the latest trunk version of GNU Radio (I don't recall
immediately), so you're probably best of  either using svn to check
out the latest trunk, or downloading the 3.2rc0 release tarball.

Johnathan