[Discuss-gnuradio] Two Questions regarding the very beginning steps of i

From: Bishal Thapa
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Two Questions regarding the very beginning steps of implementing DSSS!!
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 06:19:09 -0500

Dear Gnuradio,
  I had two questions..I did spend some time searching for my answers in the mailing list and couldn't find "if already discussed" solutions. Please forgive if so.

Q.1. TX side: I simply want to take a packet and XOR each bit of the packet with a PN-code (hint: final goal will be to implement a DSSS). Could you please hint me some pointers as to where catch the packet before it gets modulated so that I can XOR it with my code? I read and re-read benchmark_tx.py code and tried to trace the function send_pkt(). But I couldn't do a good job at it. Please give me some pointers. PS: My modulation choice will be DBPSK.

Q.2. RX side: I want to use usrp_rx_cfile.py to capture my sent data, then change it into matlab readable data format using "read_binary_complex.m" and finally will do XOR with my code in MATLAB. I have one small question and possibly a stupid one..that I am about to ask it hesistantly.. the binary file I get as an output of usrp_rx_cfile.py, say binary.dat, do I need to demodulate it at all (with dbpsk_demod) as the usrp_rx_cfile.py has no options for allowing me to select my demod_type.

-Thanks in Advance,
-Novice-GnuRadioer and Novice-DSPer