Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 'make check' fails on OS X 10.5 with gnuradio 3.1

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 'make check' fails on OS X 10.5 with gnuradio 3.1 release
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:38:23 -0500

On Feb 10, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Jakub Moskal wrote:
I checkout the latest trunk, bootstrap finished without any warnings.
The configure finished in the same way as it did for the 3.1 release.
However, when trying to compile I get the following error:

In file included from ./gr_msg_queue.h:26,
                from gr_msg_queue.cc:26:
/opt/local/include/omnithread.h:178:2: error: #error "No
implementation header file"

Hi Jakob - It looks like MacPorts has installed omniORB, which includes the file omnithread.h, which is placed into the search path for CXX pretty early on. If you don't need this port, try uninstall'ing it (sudo port uninstall omniORB).

I can't explain why the 3.1 release compiled while the trunk does not, under the same (presumedly) shell environment and pre-installed libraries / headers.

In your shell, if you do "env | grep CPATH" does it return anything? At least on OSX, this variable is no longer needed because the boost M4 scripts (which are used to create "configure") check for headers in /opt/local/include by default. So if this variable does exist, try removing it & recompiling ... that may or not work.

Let me know (on or off list, depending on the complexity of it) of your progress. - MLD