Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 for my Radio Astronomy stuff

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 for my Radio Astronomy stuff
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:25:49 -0500

Johnathan Corgan wrote:

> One significant change to consider is your sample rate plan--you now
> have different ADC and DAC frequencies, so depending on what you're
> doing, your integer decimation ratios may need to change.

That's not a problem.  I run at various bandwidths, depending on what
machine I'm running on, what I'm
  observing, etc.  I have a script that invokes the usrp_ra_receiver.py
code, and it can do the necessary
  calculations, etc.
> The floating point source for the usrp1 has a range of [-32768.0
> 32767.0], while for the usrp2 it is automatically scaled to [-1.0
> 1.0].  This will affect your front end range scaling or software AGCs.

Oh.  Is that done on the host side?  And, well, why?  [no criticism
here, just a little puzzled]

> Not yet.

Well, geez, Jonathan.   What's taking you?  :-) :-) :-)

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium