[Discuss-gnuradio] TCP traffic generator based on tunnel.py example

From: Kuo-Chun Huang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TCP traffic generator based on tunnel.py example
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 14:47:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi:

Lately, I am implementing different MAC protocols based on the tunnel example.
In order to test the performance, I want to generate TCP traffic packets and
pass them to MAC protocols/PHY and send out like how tunnel example works. But
I am confused about how to generate TCP packets. I saw some people use TCP
socket with file_descriptor source/sink function. However, if I use TCP socket,
then the packets won't pass the MAC protocols I designed. Am I right? Or how
should I generate TCP packets based on my application?

Thank for ur help in advance!
KC Huang