Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to read rx_unpack.dat in MatLab

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to read rx_unpack.dat in MatLab
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:15:18 -0800

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:16:49PM -0500, Bishal Thapa wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am a newbie to Matlab and less experienced (not a newbie anymore :)) in
> GNUradio. I have a quick question. How can I load rx_unpack.dat in the
> Matlab. The simple "load" function didn't work. Most probably it is because,
> it has to be read in "one byte at a time" format? Thank you.

I'm not sure about the format of rx_unpack.dat, but there are
octave/matlab functions in gnuradio-core/src/utils/*.m that may be
helpful.  In particular, see read_{short,complex,float}_binary.m

I'm pretty sure this is explained in one of the FAQs...

In general, we write files in whatever the native binary format is.

Eric