Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] `./ltmain.sh' not found

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] `./ltmain.sh' not found
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:50:01 -0800

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 22:52 -0600, Mir Ali wrote:

> I installed the latest svn download of gnuradio on Ubuntu 8.10 without
> a hitch. When I try to install my Gnuradio blocks on this installation
> I have the following error after the bootstrap.
>
> configure.ac:25: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
>
> The installation works fine on a different Ubuntu 8.04. I suspect it
> is due to a different libtool but I cannot figure out a way to solve
> this problem. Can someone help me out on this?

If this error is occurring when you are trying to build your own, "out
of tree" build based on the gr-howto-write-a-block template, then you
need to make the changes described below:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/changeset/10276

This is an update to boostrap, gr_standalone.m4, and configure.ac in
your project to deal with changes in recent libtools.

A short-term solution that will get you going is:

$ ln -sf /usr/share/libtool/config/ltmain.sh .

...at the top of your project.  This will create the missing symbolic
link.

Johnathan