Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: from a function generator into the LF-RX (ma

From: Karthik
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: from a function generator into the LF-RX (maximum load)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:09:16 -0800

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 3:05 PM, feldmaus <address@hidden> wrote:
Markus Feldmann <feldmann_markus <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> as i read in the documentation,
Is there additional documentation for the LF-RX
Daughterboard ?

Regards Markus

If you look at the LFRX the input consists of AD813x fully differential amplifier with unity gain and a input impedance of 50 ohm. I am not sure if there are diodes which limit the signal swing, maybe looking at the schematics can help you with this.

From what I understand the LFRX and Basic-RX are very similar, so the same rules for safety apply. I have used 2V pk-pk voltages as input from a signal with a source impedance of 50 ohms without any problems. If your source doesn't have a 50 ohm source impedance, the DC voltage will be incorrect by about 106mV (there are some threads which discuss this issue in greater detail).

Karthik