Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filtering USRP FM Reception

From: Francesco B.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filtering USRP FM Reception
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:07:48 -0800 (PST)

D'oh! Took me long enough to notice that the optfir block generates
coefficients, but isn't the filter itself. Putting it into the pipeline
directly was a bad idea.

So I have transmitter and receiver, and they run without errors... they just
aren't giving me what I expect. The filtered sum of sine waves at 320 Hz,
440 Hz, and 650 Hz, when given a passband of 340 Hz and stopband of 800 Hz
should produce roughly the 320 Hz sine wave (perhaps with some attenuated
elements of the other signals). However, it doesn't appear to be doing so.
When played at a sampling rate of 32000, the speakers produce more of a
popping sound. Which is still periodic, but isn't a sine wave. The output
file is stored as an attachement (which can be viewed in a hex editor or
played with audio_play.py), as is the latest revision of the code.

Any thoughts?

~ Francesco

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22174207/filtered_reception.dat
filtered_reception.dat