Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Xforms library on Ubuntu?

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Xforms library on Ubuntu?
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:14:03 +0200

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:31:31AM -0400, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> Works just fine, but I wonder if it's in the standard repos for Ubuntu,
> and whether I could apt-get for a Ubuntu system?  Anyone
>   on the list with a Ubuntu recent edition care to try installing xforms
> from the Ubuntu repositories, and report back to me?

Looking good:

[insfl4:~]% apt-cache search xforms
libforms-bin - Support binaries for the XForms widget library
libforms-dev - Header files and static libraries for the XForms widget
library
libforms1 - The XForms graphical interface widget library
libformsgl-dev - Header files and static libraries for the OpenGL XForms
library
libformsgl1 - The OpenGL XForms graphical interface widget library
xfmail - Mail reader using a nice XForms GUI
libforms-doc - Documentation for the XForms graphical interface library
w3-recs - Recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
[insfl4:~]% sudo apt-get install libforms-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libforms1 libxpm-dev
Suggested packages:
  libforms-bin libforms-doc
  libforms-dev libforms1 libxpm-dev
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 30 not upgraded.
Need to get 960kB of archives.
After this operation, 2933kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Get:1 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/universe libforms1 1.0-7ubuntu2
[389kB]
Get:2 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main libxpm-dev 1:3.5.7-1
[49.9kB]
Get:3 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/universe libforms-dev
1.0-7ubuntu2 [521kB]
Fetched 960kB in 0s (2432kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package libforms1.
(Reading database ... 285815 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libforms1 (from .../libforms1_1.0-7ubuntu2_amd64.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libxpm-dev.
Unpacking libxpm-dev (from .../libxpm-dev_1%3a3.5.7-1_amd64.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libforms-dev.
Unpacking libforms-dev (from .../libforms-dev_1.0-7ubuntu2_amd64.deb)
Setting up libforms1 (1.0-7ubuntu2) ...

Setting up libxpm-dev (1:3.5.7-1) ...
Setting up libforms-dev (1.0-7ubuntu2) ...

looks like libforms1 is what you want to apt-get install.

Hope this is what you were looking for -
Martin

--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun           Phone: +49-(0)721-608 3790
Institut fuer Nachrichtentechnik  Fax:   +49-(0)721-608 6071