Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using M-Blocks

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] using M-Blocks
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:33:39 -0700

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 01:55:49PM +1200, Kieran Brownlees wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am very interested in using mblocks to implement a TDMA system. All that
> the information I can find (mainly old discuss posts) say that an
> 'acceptable solution' has not been found for communicating between the
> mblock domain and the gr-block domain, I am curious as to what 'acceptable'
> means in this situation; does it mean it doesn't work at the maximum rate?
> Or does it mean that all the solutions that have been tried have something
> fundamentally wrong with them that actually means it won't work at all? Also
> what ideas have been tested?
>
> Is there any examples of using m-blocks to create an actual application (not
> just a qa)?
>
> Thanks,
> Kieran

Kieran,

I think your best bet is to wait a little bit longer while we
implement the new asynchronous message passing in GNU Radio.  It's
specifically aimed to handle the kind of thing you want to do.  Right
now I'm preoccupied with getting 3.2 out the door, but the message
passing is the next thing I'll be working on.

See this thread for an overview of what we're planning:

Eric