Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QPSK basic modulator

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QPSK basic modulator
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:13:43 -0500

> I checked the benchmark_tx.py it adds a preamble and a lot of data before
> the actual payload which I don't need.

I assume you are trying to do some BER measurements?  There is an
example called digital-bert that will do that (bert=bit error rate
tester).

If you have some other goal in mind, I would suggest examining the
digital_benchmark_*.py files and extracting the blocks you need into a
new python file that simply modulates and sends (basically skip the
packet_{sink|source}).  Keep in mind that there would be no
synchronization at the receiver with such a setup and that when you
repack the bytes there may be an offset that you have to account for
during processing.

Jason