[Discuss-gnuradio] Simultaneous RX/TV with RFX2400

From: Jakub Moskal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simultaneous RX/TV with RFX2400
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 00:05:55 -0400

Hi,

I've been browsing through the mailing list archives to find some
examples of simultaneous rx/tx but with no luck. I have two USRP's,
each equipped with RFX2400 and one antenna, attached to TX/RX. I would
like these two radios to talk to each other in an asynchronous fashion
- a radio can receive while transmitting and vice versa. Is it
possible to do it with just one antenna per box, or do I have to get a
second antenna and connect it to the RX2? From reading the archives, I
gather that I should use set_auto_tr(true) -- can anyone elaborate on
that? how does it work? As far as I understand it switches between
rx/tx mode - isn't there a risk of a loss of data?

How would I go about implementing such behavior? Do I need to run two
separate threads, one for tx and one for rx?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jakub.