Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IP3 of Flex 900 boards

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IP3 of Flex 900 boards
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:23:14 -0700

OK, that makes sense. I was assuming you meant receiver IP3, but when you labeled something as OIP3, it made me think you meant the TX.

Typically, for a device like an amplifier or mixer, the manufacturer will quote it in either IIP3 or OIP3, depending on which sounds better :) Amplifiers have gain so the OIP3 is a bigger number, so they quote that. Passive mixers have loss, so the IIP3 is a bigger number, and they quote that.

Typically, for a complete receiver system, IIP3 is the number quoted, and for a complete transmitter OIP3 is quoted, since those are the measuring points.

In any case, +10 dBm for the IIP3 of the receivers is about in line with reality, and is a very good number (if I do say so myself :) for a system like this. This will of course change with gain settings, in any case.

Matt

Shabbir Ahmed wrote:
The IP3 of the receiver. Sorry, I should have mentioned earlier.

Shabbir