[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: max throughput USB 2.0

From: feldmaus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: max throughput USB 2.0
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:49:59 +0000 (UTC)

Vincenzo Pellegrini <wwvince <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Maximum sustained throughput that we have achieved so far, given our chipsets
and the USRP's cypress usb interfaceis 32 MB/sec that yields, at 16 bit sample
resolution
Hi Vincenzo,

you are right, but why are we calculating with 32MByte/s and not with
60MByte/s or something else ?
>From where comes the 32MByte/s ?

USB 2.0 supports a maximum of 60MByte/s. And although our ADC can
handle 32MHz we coudle use 2Byte pro Sample so we get 64MByte/s.
This would be a little more than USB 2.0 can handle. But maybe there
is a solution to get near to 60MByte/s ?