[Discuss-gnuradio] Some Questions about UCLA_ZIGBEE_PHY project codes

From: lizhao you
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some Questions about UCLA_ZIGBEE_PHY project codes
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:18:42 +0800

Hi all,

I am a newbie at GNU Radio, and I am in the beginning of my bachelor's thesis, which is to connect GNU Radio with Telosb sensor node. I know there is a project named UCLA_ZIGBEE_PHY to connect GNU Radio with Zigbee, so i try to use this code to do some implementation.

Currently i use XCVR2450 Rx daugtherbroad in USRP. I installed a simple application in telosb, and when i type the command: python cc2420_rxtest.py -c 2480000000(Telosb uses channel 26, and it's central frequency is 2.48G). I get the following result:
     cordic_freq = 2.48G
     data_rate =  2M
     samples_per_symbol =  2
     usrp_decim =  16
     fs =  4M
    Using RX d'board A: XCVR2450 Rx
     >>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
     802_15_4_pkt: waiting for packet

There's nothing more to display. So i was wondering whether GNU Radio can communicate with Telosb?

I check some file in UCLA_ZIGBEE_PHY project, and in ucla_ieee802_15_4_packet_sink.h:
    static const int MSG_LEN_POS   = 8+1;         // 8 byte sos header, 1 byte AM type
    static const int MAX_PKT_LEN    = 128 - MSG_LEN_POS - 1; // remove header and CRC
I don't think this definiton is compatible with ieee802.15.4 frame format, whose FCF is 2Bytes. Maybe the different frame format definition is the problem. I am not sure.

Is there any guideline available to get GNU Radio communicated with Telosb? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Regards,
You Lizhao