[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Transmission

From: Somya Ajmera
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Transmission
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:58:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all, Did any body else had a problem while transmitting through USRP board? I am using Basic Tx/Rx board. When I tried to send a sinusoidal signal of 50Khz (through GRC) and tried to look at at the transmitted signal on to the oscilloscope by probing the Tx SMA connector, it displayed a sinusoid of 25Mhz with a constant DC offset. I guess there is an up conversion to an IF frequency is been done in USRP, but do anybody know is there any fixed frequency the signal is up converted to? At what mamimum power can a signal be transmitted using USRP?Is there a way we can control Transmission Power?

Also when I unplugged the power to USRP and the USB cable, then also I was able to see a sinusoid, on the scope, of 60Mhz.

Is there anything we need to enable in order to make the transmitter work? Also is there any kind of reference manual available for the Basic TX/Rx Daughter board?

Thanks & Regards,
Somya Ajmera

New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!