Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a question about the antenna VERT2450

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a question about the antenna VERT2450
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:01:48 -0700

Bill,

The short answer is that there is no answer to your question.

The long answer is that noise temperature is a function of where you point the antenna, and the ambient noise environment. It is also not normally specified for low gain antennas, only for dishes and the like.

I would suggest that you read the Wikipedia article on noise temperature.

Matt

Bill Stevenson wrote:
Hello, Erric

Could you tell me the effective noise temperature for VERT2450? I have searched the mailing list, but there is no answer for it. Thank you!

Bill