[Discuss-gnuradio] QtGui digital modulation application

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] QtGui digital modulation application
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 19:30:32 -0400

I wanted to let everyone know of some of the new features I've been adding to GNU Radio over the past few weeks. We've been working on making the QtGui system more usable and accessible for people to work with. You can now mix PyQt4 and the GNU Radio QtGui work together to build applications.

I have created a few example applications in gr-qtgui/src/python. There are two that are similar to usrp_fft.py and usrp2_fft.py where you can tab through the different views such as the PSD, waterfall, and oscope.

The other one is a application to allow you to examine the digital modulators. Using the constellation view tab, you can see what happens to the signal through the carrier recovery and timing loop. You can then play with the noise, timing, and frequency offset of the channel model as well as some of the gain values of the receiver. If you are working with the digital modulators, this can help you understand what values to use and how they affect the system.

Regards,
Tom