Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OS X input troubled

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OS X input troubled
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 07:30:41 -0500

2009/4/30 Michael Dickens <address@hidden>:
> code; I haven't looked at it or updated it in a long time.  I can't look
> into this issue today, but I will tomorrow (Friday).

If you want to keep messing with this in the meantime, I recall that
there were a few issues getting audio input in gnuradio to work for me
at first with (an earlier version of ) 10.4

First, the 'dumb' problem, make sure voice control is off, apple has
it on by default, and you can turn it off in system
preferences->speech.

Secondly, there were issues with sample rate.  You specified 96k as
the input sample rate, I'm reasonably sure that I could only get it to
work with lower rates (i.e. <40k) on my MBP C2D (with the very
informative name of 'intel audio device').

Finally, there was an issue where garage band (even when closed) had
'claimed' control over the microphone.  I had to go in and set its
default input device to null.

I'm not sure exactly what you are doing, I was only playing around to
try and get a handle on gr before my usrp got here so I didn't need a
whole lot of functionality, but at least you have something to try in
the meantime.

Jason