[Discuss-gnuradio] Question on grc block "packet encoder"

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on grc block "packet encoder"
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 14:06:13 -0400

Looking at the GRC block "packet encoder" and the corresponding example
"grc/examples/simple/dpsk_loopback"
it is not clear to me why the "packet encoder" needs to have access to the parameters "samples_per_symbol" and "bits_per_symbol".

My understanding is that the output of this block should be a stream of bits (packed into bytes) that will then be used by an appropriate modulator. The latter needs to know these two parameters, but NOT the former.

Achilleas