[Discuss-gnuradio] subdevice selection in USRP2

From: ematlis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] subdevice selection in USRP2
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:30:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all-

as part of my on-going efforts to acquire 2 channels (two independent signals) on my USRP2 with an LFRX board, I would like to know if there is an equivalent to the subdevice setup code that exists for the USRP1. For example:

        if not self.u.set_nchannels(nchan):
            sys.stderr.write('set_nchannels(%d) failed\n' % (nchan,))
            raise SystemExit

        self.subdev = self.u.db[0] + self.u.db[1]

        self.u.set_mux(gru.hexint(0xf0f0f1f0))

I already understand from a previous response on this list that there is only a single DDC in the USRP2 fpga image, and I can at least verify that set_nchannels, db, or set_mux is not defined for the USRP2. Are there equivalents with different syntax for the USPR2? Without them or their equivalents, is it even possible to acquire two channels with the USRP2 currently?

My thought was I could get arround the existence of only 1 DDC by tuning to the midpoint of my two signals and shifting them independently to baseband in the host pc, but it seems to me I need more than this to properly setup the two signal paths.

thanks,
eric