Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help on OpenBTS Segmentation Fault

From: Rétornaz Thibault
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help on OpenBTS Segmentation Fault
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:26:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 May 2009 08:09:55 -0700
Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 11:41:07PM -0700, jimmyzhang wrote:
> >
> > I face the same problem .Is there anyone can handle it?
> > please give some advices to deal with it.
> > Thank you very much.
> >

> Use gdb and figure out where the segfault is occurring, then find out
> why it's segfaulting, then submit a patch to fix it.

Hi all, a friend of me (Trabucayre) help me to use gdb and we found that the
problem were in openbts/Transceiver/USRPDevice.cpp at line 365 (revision 11042):
if ((currLen*2+payloadSz)<=currDataSize)
memcpy(currData+currLen*2,tmpBuf+2,payloadSz);

Trabucayre find a solution to make program don't segfault, but we don't know if
the integrity of it was alive:

        if ((currLen*2+payloadSz)<=currDataSize)
                if ((readLen/4)< payloadSz+2)
memcpy(currData+currLen*2,tmpBuf+2,payloadSz);

In my case , i launch asterisk, transceiver and finaly OpenBTS900, but how i
can check if OpenBTS rule?

Have a nice day all ++