Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using a USRP as a PID feeback controller

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using a USRP as a PID feeback controller
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 21:54:20 -0500

> Despite this seeming like a killer app, I haven't really found much discussion
> of it in this list's archives or on the gnuradio wiki. So I'm mentioning the
> idea in public, for future mailing list archive searchers. If, at some point,
> my FPGA code reaches a level of maturity where am I not too embarassed to
> share
> it, maybe I will post it somewhere. Or maybe someone on this list will now
> pipe
> in that this is all old hat and has already been done.

I was just talking with a colleauge today about the feasibility of
something similar: to be a super basic channel emulator. Basically to
take data in on the ADC, apply some basic filters (a channel), the
pump it back out the DAC.

I think this is a great idea, and I can't wait to see your results.

Jason