Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating .dat file from .mp3 or.wav file!

From: Sebastiaan Heunis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating .dat file from .mp3 or.wav file!
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:05:43 +0200

Salman

Somewhere on a website I found a way to transmit mp3 files using the
USRP.  Just can't remember where.  What you do is the following:

Use sox to decode the mp3 to a raw file:

sox myfile.mp3 -r 44100 -l -f -c 1 myfile.raw

You can then just open this file in a Gnuradio script and proceed from
there.  It works.  I'm only doing mono at the moment, but I'm sure sox
can do stereo.  I think Gnuradio has a filetype to import wav files if
you need that.

Sebastiaan