[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: New doxygen docs

From: firasmail2000
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: New doxygen docs
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 21:59:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> On Sat, 5/23/09, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I've uploaded current doxygen generated docs.  Click on the C++ blocks link to
> get a list of blocks.
>
>   http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/index.html
>
> Eric

* Nice work after long waiting!. Thank you for this great efforts.

* I think including C++ source code in the documentation (not only the .h files
) is better because if someone cannot understand the current API documentation
he can click in the same page on the (.cc) source code and see how it is being
implemented. Currently, if  he want to do so, he must search gnuradio folders
to find the required implementation file and then open it to see what he needs.

* In the current documentation, we see :

>>[Please note that at this time, we haven't found an acceptable way to provide
>>unified documentation for the C++ parts of the system and the parts written
>>in Python (mostly hierarchical blocks). Until this gets worked out, please
>>bear with us, or better yet, solve it for us!]<<

 This is a mysterious statement. What is the target acceptable way? Is there an
example how should this being done?. If we know what is required, may be we can
help to find the required tool, or may be we can write a custom gnuradio
documentation software that solves this problem.

Best Regards,

Firas