Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Release 3.2 available for download or b

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Release 3.2 available for download or binary installation
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:13:07 -0700

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 08:07:35AM -0700, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> Release 3.2 of the GNU Software Radio toolkit is now available for
> binary installation (for Ubuntu 9.04) or for download as a source code
> tarball (for other Linux distributions, OSX, *BSD, or Win32/Cygwin).

Yeah!!

Special thanks to Johnathan for managing the release process and to
all of us who contributed their time and effort to improving GNU Radio!

We know that there are still some patches outstanding.  We haven't
lost them, we just wanted to get 3.2 out the door so that we can begin
work on some new features.  We will review the patches.  Please be
patient.

New features that are coming relatively soon include:

  * Ability of blocks to produce different number of samples on each
    output stream.

  * Comprehensive message passing system that allows packet based data
    to be dealt with more naturally.  This will blend many of the features
    that were in mblocks into the base class of all GNU Radio blocks,
    thus allowing seamless integration between data flow and message
    passing styles in the same application.  This should make writing
    MACs much easier.

  * Annotation of streams with arbitrary metadata, including such
    things as FPGA timestamp.

Stay tuned for further developments!

Eric