[Discuss-gnuradio] Reading data from an xml file in python

From: Salman Ali
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reading data from an xml file in python
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:26:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all!

I have been experimenting with transfer of xml file between different computers. I need help in reading an xml file in pyton. I want the data in the xml file to be put into some variables. I have used minidom put still could not work it out in an easy way. I would be grateful if someone could post  a complete code showing how could i retreive the data in some variable in python in some easy way for the simple xml file sample given below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<sdr>
   <modulation>QAM</modulation>
   <index>4</index>