Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Slowing down USB rate in USRP (related to strobes

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Slowing down USB rate in USRP (related to strobes)
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 00:01:14 -0700

Mark Porter wrote:
Hi,

I have added a block to the receive path of USRP -- between the DDCs and rx_buffer. It was my understanding that rx_buffer would only fetch a new sample to send through usb after "rx_strobe" was up for one clock cycle. Therefore my block processes 32 samples of I and Q and THEN asserts rx_strobe (sample strobe) for one clock cycle, making rx_buffer sample the data on ch0 and ch1 in this case but 32 TIMES less often than normal. Are there any other signals to take care of? My design does not seem to work, since my custom block (which by design should assert rx_strobe /32 times/ less often) gives the same file size as the "stock" design, suggesting they provide the same data rate over USB since I'm doing a straight file sink.

Have you looked at the data?  Is it what you expect?

Are you giving your strobe to the rx fifo? If the old strobe is there, it would still be filled at the higher rate.

Matt