[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP question: Writing to AD9862 registers from FPGA?

From: Aviv Keshet
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP question: Writing to AD9862 registers from FPGA?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 22:28:55 -0400

Hi gnuradiators,

I know I can use the usrper program to write values to the registers of the two
9862 chips (on the USRP1). I am using the USRP1 for a custom application, with
my own FPGA code. My question is whether it is possible for the FPGA to write
values to these registers directly? Or is it only the cypress microcontroller
that has access to these registers? And if so, is it possible for the FPGA to
command the microcontroller to do so?

I didn't find any obvious verilog module that does this when looking through the
original verilog code. If it exists and I missed it, please let me know.

Thank you,
   Aviv Keshet