Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] what is the minimal transmission time for gnuradi

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] what is the minimal transmission time for gnuradio
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:49:52 +0200

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 06:01:25PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> I am doing some experiment using benchmark_tx. The purpose is to let the
> gnuradio to send small packages lasting for about 0.1 ms every 0.1 second.
> However, even the payload is set to be " ", the burst time is still around 0.2
> ms. Is there any method will allow to control or detect the transmission time
> accurately? And is that possible to reduce this the minimal burst time?

benchmark_tx uses the GNU Radio framing/packaging module which does all
kinds of stuff. I recommend setting up your own flow graph if you want
precise control over the transmission time. 0.1 ms should not be a
problem.

However, if you're sending an n second burst every n seconds, you get
something continuous, right :)

MB

--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun           Phone: +49-(0)721-608 3790
Institut fuer Nachrichtentechnik  Fax:   +49-(0)721-608 6071