Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changes from 3.1 to 3.2?

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changes from 3.1 to 3.2?
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:16:27 -0700

Mikael Olofsson wrote:
Greetings,

I have just upgraded from GNU Radio 3.1 to 3.2. At the same time I upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 9.04. The hardware setup is a USRP1 with an LFTX daughterboard.

Under the previous setup (8.04+3.1), I could generate signals with an amplitude up to approx 1V. Above that the signal was severely distorted, which fits very well with what I've been able to read about the hardware.

With the new setup (9.04+3.2), the same code generates signals with an amplitude of approx 0.28V, and above that the signal again is severely distorted.

The old Python code has a line that sets the gain to midpoint, but it is conditionalized out, leaving it at the maximum. The current C++ db code sets it to midpoint in the constructor.

.28V is roughly 10 dB down. The default is now -10 dB, which is the midpoint between 0 dB and -20dB.

You need to send a call to set_gain to set it back to the maximum of 0 dB.

Matt