[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with playback

From: hjaffer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with playback
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:53:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hello GnuRadio Mailing list,

I cannot get playback working correctly. There is a program
"usrp2_rx_cfile.py" that can record to a file and "usrp2_siggen_gui.py" that
can be used to transmit a signal. But there is no program that reads a file
and transmits the data in the file. There is a C++ program "tx_samples.cc"
that can transmit a file but it cannot seem to read a file recorded by the
Python program. When I use tx_samples.cc to transmit a file recorded by the
Python program, I get random noise on my spectrum display.

I am using a signal generator to record a signal and spectrum analyzer to
verify I'm transmitting correctly. I used the spectrum analyzer to determine
that "usrp2_siggen_gui.py" is working correctly and Matlab to verify my
recorded signals when using the program "usrp2_rx_cfile.py".

Thanks for the help,

Hafeez